The Information Technology University (ITU) is seeking outstanding individuals for faculty positions on the tenure track and BPS of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Business Management, Humanities & Social Sciences, Linguistics, ELT, and related fields who have demonstrated a promise of achieving true distinction in research and the ability to be an excellent teacher at both graduate and undergraduate levels.
In this Job advertisement all Positions are:
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer / Teaching Fellow
Business & Management (01)
Humanities & Social Sciences (01)
Ph.D. from an HEC recognized Institution in the relevant field. 15-years teaching/research experience in HEC recognized University or a post-graduate Institution or professional experience in the relevant field in a National or International organization OR 10-years post-Ph.D. teaching/research experience in a recognized University or a post-graduate Institution or professional experience in the relevant field in a National or International organization. As per HEC criteria).
Publications: 15 research publications with at least 5 publications in the last 5 years in HEC recog-nized journals.
Faculty of Engineering (02)
Ph.D. degree in the relevant field from an HEC recognized University/Institution. 6-years post-Ph.D or minimum of 4-years of post-PhD experience with at least 6 years of experience prior to the Ph.D. The experience to be counted is to be of teaching/research in a recognized University or a post-graduate Institution or professional experience in the relevant field in a National or International Organization. (As per HEC criteria).
Publications: 10 research publications (with at least 4 publications in the past 5 years) in Internationally Abstracted Journals, recognized for the purpose of appointment on Tenure Track by the Higher Education Commission.
Business & Management (02)
Computer Science (05)
Faculty of Humanities & Social Science (05)
Faculty of Engineering (03)
PhD degree in the relevant field from an HEC recognized University/Institution. Note: For Ph.D. degree holders from Pakistan, the Registrar must certify that the Ph.D. thesis was evaluated by two foreign experts as per HEC guidelines for the award of a Ph.D. degree, in case foreign evaluation was not done then the candidate must provide evidence of two publications in Journals recognized by the HEC for the purpose of Tenure Track appointment. As per HEC criteria).
Master’s Degree (First Class) or equivalent degree in the relevant field awarded after eighteen years of education in the relevant field from an institution or a University recognized by HEC
Relevant experience will be preferred.
• Foreign degree holders must provide an equivalence certificate issued by the HEC if selected.
• All rules in letter & spirit of HEC TTS Statutes are applicable for TTS Faculty.
• Candidates already in service on TTS with any other university/institution should attach clear NOC that if the candidate is selected, the university/institution will relieve him/her under the rules and if such a NOC is not attached with the application, such applications shall be rejected.
• If the candidate has applied on TTS and selected in any other University during the process of selection, he/she would be required to send a NOC from the employer immediately, failing which, the application will be rejected ab-initio.
• Candidates already in service should apply through the proper channel by the due date and submit service certificates issued by their present and former employer, otherwise, their applications will not be entertained.
• It is mandatory for all applicants to fill out the online application through the ITU Job Portal http://jobs.itu.edu.pk/ and submit the copy of the online application with attested copies of educational, professional documents, CNIC, Domicile and NOC by post to P.O Box No. 10260, GPO, Lahore (with position and department name clearly mentioned on the envelope).
• Incomplete applications and applications submitted by email, fax, walk-in, or by any other means will not be considered.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be called in for interviews and no TA/DA will be paid.
• The University reserves the right to increase /decrease the number of posts, not to fill/withdraw any post, withhold the appointment against any advertised post, consider any application for an appointment in a lower grade or any other position, without assigning any reason.
Arfa Software Technology Park, Ferozpur Road, Lahore
May 2, 2021
To apply, please visit: http://jobs.itu.edu.pk